The Employee Training Grant
The Employee Training Grant (previously known as the Young Person Employment Bursary) has been set up for Denbighshire residents who are employed and earning below £28,119 a year, to get funding for training so that they can get a better wage.
The Employee Training Grant can provide Funding of between £250 and £2,000 per person for training or mentoring such as:
- Further education courses
- Professional skills and training e.g. AAT, NVQ, City and Guilds
- Commercial Vehicle Driver Training
You can contact us to check whether or not you can get funding for a particular course.
You are eligible for the Employee Training Grant if you are:
- Living in Denbighshire
- Earning below £28,199 a year
- Currently employed (minimum 16 hours)
People who are not eligible
You would not be eligible if you have already received funding form the Employee Training Grant (Young Person Employment Bursary) or if you are:
- in full-time education
- a Public Sector worker
How to apply
You can apply for the Employee Training Grant online.
Apply for the Employee Training Grant online
After making an application
A careers advisor will contact you to discuss your application and further evidence may be required e.g.
- Confirmation of your home address e.g. Utility bill
- 3 Payslips or Bank Statements showing your current salary (if possible)
- Up to 3 examples of future job opportunities or current positions within Denbighshire
- Training / course details including 3 course quotes where possible
- Confirmation of required qualifications
Your application will then be assessed with feedback from the careers advisor and you will be notified of a decision.
The grant is administered by our Economic and Business Development Team and supports the council’s corporate priority of ensuring that the county is a place where younger people want to live and work and have the skills to do so.
Find out more about the young people corporate priority.