Dangerous and wild animal licence

If you are a private individual, you must have a licence to keep dangerous and wild animals. This does not include animals that are kept in zoos and pet shops, as these establishments require separate licences.

You must have a licence if you keep any of the animals on this list.

How do I apply for this licence?

To apply for a dangerous and wild animals licence, print and complete this application form, and return it to the address on the form.

You will need to get a veterinary report before you apply for the licence.

The licence is valid for two years. You will need to renew your licence on 1st January every other year, by completing and submitting a new application form. You will need a new veterinary report every time you renew your licence.

How much does it cost? 

A new dangerous and wild animals licence costs £180. It also costs £180 to renew your licence every two years. You will also have to meet the cost of the veterinary report each time you apply or renew your licence.

Please enclose a cheque made payable to Denbighshire County Council with your application form.

View current licensed DWA premises within Denbighshire