Gambling licences

The Gambling Act 2005 regulates all gambling activity in the UK, apart from spread betting and the National Lottery.

Straight to...


Gambling premises licenceThe council authorises the provision of facilities for gambling.


Gambling permitsWe issue gambling permits for alcohol-licensed premises, unlicensed family entertainment centres, clubs and prize gaming..


Small society lotteriesThese do not need a licence, but must be registered with the council.



Statement of Gambling Policy