March for Business workshop: Managing Your Finance and Tax
This workshop offers information to support you with personal and capital allowances, simple tax and National Insurance calculations as well as self-assessment. We explain why bookkeeping is important and how to keep records to ensure you have control of your business transactions. This is a practical workshop to build confidence and explain why tax and good bookkeeping are an essential and sound business practice.
The workshop will also look at the key elements of running the money side of your business. It introduces the basic financial statements, shows you how a Profit and Loss Account and balance sheet are put together and explains cash-flow statements. In short, it helps you understand enough of the detail to take control of your business.
By the end of this session, you will:
- understand the basic financial statements for your business
- be able to put together a profit and loss account and read a balance sheet
- know how to complete a cash-flow forecast and use it to keep track of your finances
- understand the different ways to forecast sales
- be able to prepare a set of figures for your business to manage your finances effectively
It will also discuss the planned introduction of digital tax and how to ensure you are not left confused by the changes to submitting returns. The presentation will explain what digital tax is, how and why it is being introduced.
This event is being delivered by Business Wales.
Find out more about Business Wales (external website)
Who is this event for?
This event is for:
- new start businesses
- existing businesses
When and where does this event take place?
The 'Managing Your Finance and Tax' workshop takes place online from 9:30am to 12:30pm on:
- Wednesday 13 March 2024 - Fully booked
- Wednesday 20 March 2024
How to get involved
If you would like to attend this event, you will need to phone Business Wales on 01656 868 500 to register for a place.