Inclusion workshops aim to increase your understanding of supporting children with developmental delays and give an overview of the statutory duties for registered childcare providers and providers of funded education.
During the workshops there will be sessions on:
- Inclusion File - A guided tour of the inclusion file including information, supporting guidance and templates.
- Next skill steps – This session focuses on how to plan and track children’s development.
- Person Centred Practice – Information and support on using person centred tools such as a good day bad day and working not working to inform one page profiles.
- Total Communication – This session will focus on using a total communication approach with a language rich environment to support children with early communication and language development.
When and where does the training take place?
Inclusion Workshops will take place at the Welsh Language Development Centre in St Asaph on:
- Tuesday 28 February 2023 from 6pm to 9pm
- Wednesday 1 March 2023 from 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday 1 March 2023 from 6pm to 9pm
The address for the Welsh Language Development Centre is
St Asaph Leisure Centre (Ysgol Glan Clwyd)
Clwyd Dale Upper Denbigh Road
Limited parking is available outside of the Welsh Language Development Centre, however please do not park in the leisure centre parking spaces. These spaces are only for users of St Asaph Leisure centre.
Additional parking is available in the Haul Road car park.
Who can attend?
The event is for setting staff in all early years’ childcare providers located in Denbighshire, Early Education Support Teachers, Local Authority Pre-school support services and Umbrella Organisations.
This is mandatory training for at least one member of staff in all settings delivering Early Education, and a maximum of two members of staff from each setting can attend a workshop.
How to get involved?
Each participant will need to book a place to attend this training.
Book a place on an Inclusion Workshop (external website)