FIS training: Level 2 Safeguarding
The Level 2 Safeguarding qualification is designed for learners who have contact with children, young people or vulnerable adults in their working environment, including voluntary work. It promotes awareness and sensitivity to safeguarding, enabling learners to identify issues and emphasises the responsibility to ensure that concerns are reported and acted on appropriately.
When and where do courses take place?
The Level 2 Safeguarding training takes place:
- Saturday 16 September 2023 from 9:30am to 1:30pm at the Oak Tree Centre (Rhyl)
- Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 October from 6:15pm to 8:15pm at the Oak Tree Centre (Rhyl) - Fully booked
- Saturday 11 November from 9:30am to 1:30pm at Corwen Day Nursery (Corwen)
- Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 December from 6:15pm to 8:15pm at the Oak Tree Centre (Rhyl) - Fully booked
- Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 January from 6:15pm to 8:15pm at Corwen Day Nursery (Corwen)
- Saturday 24 February from 9:30am to 1:30pm at the Oak Tree Centre (Rhyl) - Fully booked
- Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 March from 6:15pm to 8:15pm at the Oak Tree Centre (Rhyl)
Corwen Day Nursery
Venue information for Corwen Day Nursery
The Corwen Day Nursery address is
Off Green Lane
Parking is available at the Corwen Day Nursery.
Oak Tree Centre (Rhyl)
Venue information for the Oak Tree Centre
The Oak Tree Centre address is
Parking is available at the Oak Tree Centre.
Facilities for disabled people
The Oak Tree Centre has:
- Accessible toilets
- Accessible parking
- Hearing loop
- Automatic doors
- Access by ramps/level access
Who can attend?
This course is for all registered childcare providers in Denbighshire who are registered, or are registering, with the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) (external website).
The setting must also be registered with Dewis.Wales (external website)
How to get involved
There is a charge of £35 per person to attend this course and each person who wants to attend will need to complete the online booking request form.
After receiving a booking request, we will send an invoice to the childcare provider which must be paid promptly.
Online booking request form for the Level 2 Safeguarding course
This course will be provided by Groundwork North Wales (external website).
Cancel a booking
If you need to cancel a booking you have made, please cancel your place at least two working days before the course takes place. You may still be charged if you do not cancel a booking in time.
Cancel a booking online
Childcare setting details on Dewis Cymru
It’s important that your childcare setting’s information is kept up to date on Dewis Cymru.
Find out how to update your information on Dewis Cymru