FIS training: Level 3 Advanced Safeguarding for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs)
The Level 3 Advanced Safeguarding training helps to understand the safeguarding process in more detail.
The training uses a variety of written activities and interactive exercises to help review and develop the child protection procedures within the setting and ensure that all staff members understand their responsibilities towards safeguarding children.
This training includes topics relating to:
- allegations of abuse against a staff member and how to deal with these
- understanding key legislation and guidance which underpins settings policy for children’s safety and welfare
- roles to play in the multi-agency child protection process including case conferences
- providing written reports
This training is delivered over two days, and you must attend both days to complete the training.
When and where do courses take place?
The Level 3 Advanced Safeguarding for DSLs takes place:
- Wednesday 20 September 2023 from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and Thursday 21 September 2023 from 9:30am to 1pm, at the Oak Tree Centre, Rhyl
- Tuesday 28 November 2023, from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and Wednesday 29 November 2023 from 9:30am to 1pm, at Llanfwrog Community Centre, Ruthin
- Tuesday 23 January 2024, from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and Wednesday 24 January 2024, from 9:30am to 1pm at the Oak Tree Centre, Rhyl
- Wednesday 13 March 2024, from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and Thursday 14 March 2024, from 9:30am to 1pm at the Oak Tree Centre, Rhyl
Oak Tree Centre
Venue information for the Oak Tree Centre
The Oak Tree Centre address is
Parking is available at the Oak Tree Centre.
Facilities for disabled people
The Oak Tree Centre has:
- Accessible toilets
- Accessible parking
- Hearing loop
- Automatic doors
- Access by ramps/level access
Llanfwrog Community Centre
Venue information for the Llanfwrog Community Centre
The address for the Llanfwrog Community Centre is
Parking is available at the Llanfwrog Community Centre.
Who can attend?
This course is only for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) in Denbighshire childcare settings who are registered with the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) (external website).
The setting must also be registered with Dewis.Wales (external website)
How to get involved
There is a charge of £70 per person to attend this course and each DSL who wants to attend will need to complete the online booking request form.
After receiving a booking request, we will send an invoice to the childcare provider which must be paid promptly.
Online booking request form for Level 3 Advanced Safeguarding for DSLs
This course will be provided by Groundwork North Wales (external website).
Cancel a booking
If you need to cancel a booking you have made, please cancel your place at least two working days before the course takes place. You may still be charged if you do not cancel a booking in time.
Cancel a booking online
Childcare setting details on Dewis Cymru
It’s important that your childcare setting’s information is kept up to date on Dewis Cymru.
Find out how to update your information on Dewis Cymru