Owner / Occupier
Re: Corwen High Street & Green Lane Car Park – Highways & Environmental Improvements
Denbighshire County Council is seeking to rejuvenate the surrounding highway area of Corwen High Street and also provide a new bus layby with associated works and carry out the refurbishment of the existing toilet block within Green Lane Car Park.
Phase one works are scheduled to start on Monday 3rd July 2023 (possibly the 29th June) for two weeks on the Corwen highway improvement scheme. The scheme involves a number of improvements on the A5, surrounding High Street and Green Lane Car Park.
Phase one will consist of the section of paving outside the Old HSBC Bank and adjacent to the A5.
Phase two is scheduled to start Monday 4th September for up to 6 weeks and will consist of the following main items:-
The High Street works primarily involve:
- Update/paint and clean up the street furniture in the High street i.e. metal signposts and railings,
- Update all ACO drainage,
- Installation of bollards, bins and pedestrian guardrail,
- Refurbishment of benches,
- Clean and re point existing paving slabs
- Lay new paving to match existing Yorkstone,
- Have a designated area within the High street for a Christmas tree to be erected each year.
Green Lane Car Park works primarily involve:
- Refurbishment of the toilet block.
- New bus layby and associated road markings.
- Signage works.
The principal contractor for the scheme, which was approved by Denbighshire County in May 2023 following consultation with the local community, is Tom James Construction Services Ltd.
There will be temporary traffic signals on the A5 and Green Lane during new pavement works and temporary pedestrian crossings will also be used to minimise disruption.
The Council will work closely with local businesses and residents throughout the project to ensure disruption is minimised and any concerns or issues are identified and addressed as soon as possible throughout the duration of the works.
Head of Planning, Public Protection and Countryside Services
Key contact details when the works commence will be:
Denbighshire County Council
Contractor - Tom James Construction Services Ltd.