UK Community Renewal Fund: Invitation to Submit Project Bids
We are seeking applications to the new UK Community Renewal Fund both from organisations and Council services wishing to deliver activity within the County.
To help local areas prepare for the introduction of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, the UK Government is providing funding in 2021/22 through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
Projects must deliver activity that is line with the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus and align with at least one of these investment priorities:
- Investment in skills
- Investment for local business
- Investment in communities and place
- Supporting people into employment
In selecting the bids that will be forwarded to the UK Government for consideration Denbighshire County Council will prioritise the bids that have the greatest potential to deliver against key local growth priorities.
In addition, we are also committed to:
- enhancing our digital infrastructure;
- addressing deprivation in Rhyl; and
- becoming a net carbon zero organisation by March 2030.
Denbighshire County Council has been designated as a lead authority by the UK Government and will be responsible for issuing this invitation, receiving bids and selecting the bids that will be sent to UK Government for consideration and paying grants to successful projects and managing their performance.
What's the timetable?
- Application deadline was 5pm on Monday, May 31, 2021.
- Denbighshire County Council to check applications, prioritise if necessary and forward applications to the UK Government by midday on Friday 18 June 2021. We will inform applicants if their bid has been forwarded to the UK government.
- Decisions on projects by UK Government from the end of July 2021. We will let applicants know if the UK Government has agreed their bid.
In view of our role, and as the UK Community Renewal Fund is a competitive process, Denbighshire County Council and the UK Government will not enter into discussions with applicants.