Coronavirus: Lockdown Non Domestic Rate Grant
The Welsh Government have launched the Lockdown Non Domestic Grant to help businesses survive the economic consequences of the national firebreak lockdown in Wales as a result of coronavirus (Covid-19).
Applying for this grant has now closed
We are now processing the applications we've received. If you've applied, we will either send payment to the bank account you provided or let you know if you have been unsuccessful within 30 days of your application.
Purpose of the grant
The purpose of the grant is to support businesses with immediate cash flow support to help them survive the economic consequences of the national lockdown in Wales. This includes supporting the costs of retaining staff where appropriate. The grant seeks to complement other Covid-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises and charitable organisations in Wales.
Business Wales provides tailored support to start–up, micro and small and medium sized businesses in Wales. The service can help you understand what your needs are and provide tailored support packages including access to online tools, workshops, specialist advisers and mentors. In addition to working with you on a business diagnostic and action plan, our advisers can also provide targeted financial advice and access other support that you might benefit from.
To find out more, please visit www.businesswales.gov.wales (external website).
What happens after the application is received?
- Applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis. This may lead to applications not being appraised after they have been submitted if the fund is fully committed.
- We have absolute discretion on the duration and terms of the fund.
- Receipt of your application will be acknowledged within 10 working days.
- Decisions on applications will be made based on the information provided in the application form, associated evidence and information checks that are conducted from other business data sources. If any data is incomplete or incorrect or the evidence provided is insufficient we will not process the application and it will be rejected.
- We aim to process grant finalised applications within 30 days of receipt.
- Grants will be paid on the basis that 100% of the grant is paid up front.
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will receive an email outlining the reason[s] for rejection.There is no appeal process.
Applicants should note that the Local Authority may require repayment of the grant in full or part if evidence emerges that the applicant was not eligible for the Lockdown Non Domestic Rate Grant.