If your child is going into reception, year 3 or year 10 in September and you receive a qualifying benefit, you may be entitled to a grant of £125.00 towards the cost of their school uniform.
If your child is going into year 7 in September and you receive a qualifying benefit, you may be entitled to a grant of £200.00 towards the cost of their school uniform.
You will only qualify for a school uniform grant if you receive at least one of the following:
- income support
- income based job seekers allowance
- income related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit (but not working tax credit) with an annual income below £16,190 (April 2011)
- pension credit (guaranteed credit)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your yearly net earnings must be no more than £7,400.
You cannot receive a school uniform grant if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
How to apply for a school uniform grant
You can only apply for a school uniform grant from the local authority of where your child goes to school.
If your child goes to a school in Denbighshire, you can apply online for a school unifrom grant.
You can only apply for a school uniform grant for the current school year
Applications for school uniform grants for the 2020/21 school year should be made from July 2020. Applications for the 2020/21 school year made before July will be disregarded without any notification.
Apply online for a school uniform grant (for a child going to a Denbighshire school)
Information from other Local Authorities
Some schools have a policy to provide help towards school uniform costs for pupils in year 8 and above, please contact your child’s school to find out if they can help.