The Recruitment and Selection procedure and policy includes guidance, processes and forms for managers at Denbighshire County Council when recruiting.
A recruitment checklist is also available.
Stage 1 – A potential vacancy arises
- A need for a new position is considered. Does this post need to be filled?
- A new job description is reviewed or substantial changes are made to an existing job description.
Stage 2 – Starting the recruitment process
The recruiting manager completes the following forms using the correct templates and formatting:
Stage 3 – Intermediate stage
- Suitable redeployees are considered by Human Resources. HR will contact the recruiting manager if there is someone suitable from the re-deployment pool.
Stage 4 – Short listing
- Application forms are received by Human Resources;
- Shortlist form is completed in full for all candidates and signed by the shortlisting panel.
- Guaranteed interview scheme checked. Applicants who have selected this option must be shortlisted if essential criteria is met.
- Interview Schedule form is completed in full and signed by the recruiting manager.
Stage 5 – Preparing for interview
- Questions / Assessment Centre prepared;
- Copy of applications for the panel, Terms and Conditions of post ready to reiterate to candidates;
Stage 6 - Interview
- An interview assessment form is completed and signed in full by the panel;
- Employment checks for all candidates undertaken, including qualification checks, employment checks for all candidates, including eligibility to work in UK, photo ID.
Stage 7 – Post interview
- Successful candidate(s) notified verbally;
- Unsuccessful candidates notified verbally – feedback provided;
- Appointment form completed in full and signed by the recruiting manager – emailed to Human Resources with interview notes and assessment forms;
- Reference checks (not applicable for schools who have their own department);
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) forms to be completed by employee and checked by HR.