Environmental permits

If you operate an industrial process that falls under schedule 1 of the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010 you will need to apply for an environmental permit.

There are three classes of permits specified under this schedule. 

Part A1 Permits

These are regulated by the Environment Agency and cover industries that are considered to be the most polluting. Industries such as large scale power stations, chemical works and pharmaceutical production fall under this category. A1 premises are regulated for emissions to air, land, water and other environmental considerations such as noise, vibrations, waste and energy usage. 

Part A2 Permits

This category is regulated by the Denbighshire County Council and seen as a medium risk to the environment and human health e.g. galvanizing plant. A2 premises are also regulated for emissions to air, land, water and other environmental considerations as listed above. 

Part B Permits

These industries are seen to be lesser polluting and are only regulated for emissions to air by Denbighshire County Council. Examples of processes regulated in Denbighshire include: quarrying activities (including mobile crushing & screening plant), cement batching plants, Waste oil burners, the unloading of petrol at service stations. 

Charges and how to apply

You can download an application form below and return it to County Hall. Please remember to submit your supporting documents with the form.

Part B Application

Part B Transfer

Part B Surrender

Part B Variation

Part B Petrol stations

Part B Small waste oil burner

Part B Mobile crushing & screening plant

We rarely receive applications for Permits that are not listed above, please contact us if you would like to apply for an A2 Permit, Part B – Dry Cleaning Operation or Vehicle Refinisher Permit

Fees and charges summary 2013/14

How to pay

You can pay by sending a cheque made payable to Denbighshire County Council with your application.