Salary package: £132,254 - £136,312
The Chief Executive is a key position within the Council. We are therefore looking to appoint a purposeful leader who will share our ambitions for the Council to continue to be one of the best performing Councils in Wales.
The Council's Head of Paid Service and Principal Adviser, will work closely with all Elected Members, especially Cabinet, in preparing, developing and delivering strategic direction, implementing, monitoring and reviewing Council policies.
To lead decisively and inspire the Senior Leadership Team in delivering the Council’s objectives and quality service delivery; services which are effective, efficient, economic and responsive to local circumstances.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- As Principal Policy Adviser to the Council, provide strategic direction and interpretation to Council and Cabinet policies, ensuring these are supported by realistic action plans.
- As Chief Executive, lead, manage and direct the Senior Leadership Team so they effectively support Cabinet Lead Members and Scrutiny Chairs.
- As Chief Executive, develop a customer focused culture throughout the organisation that will enable the delivery of high quality services and to maintain the position of one of the highest performing councils in Wales.
- Ensure that Council performance is measured against statutory indicators and targets that stated objectives are achieved and delivered.
- Ensure that the council deliver their overall budget within the cash limit through monthly monitoring at Senior Leadership Team and Cabinet.
- In conjunction with Corporate Directors, develop leadership and management skills to ensure that the Council is and will continue to be capable of achieving its strategic objectives.
- Communicate and act as advocate internally within the organisation and externally concerning the Council and Cabinet’s plan, policies and objectives to ensure clarity, commitment and understanding.
- Ensure that the Cabinet and the Council’s strategy and business planning and performance management process identifies resource needs, including a Human Resource Strategy which must reflect principles of Equal Opportunities and employee and Member development.
- Communicate and gain commitment of employees to the aims and objectives of the Council and the standards, behaviour and performance expected of them.
- Provide advice, assistance and support to the Leader and the Chairman of the Council in their respective role, and in particular their relations with external partners.
- Support and advise all Elected Members on matters of community leadership andgovernance, improving the community’s confidence in the Council.
If you would like an informal discussion about the position then please contact:
Councillor Hugh H Evans (Leader of the Council)
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment and selection process, please contact:
Gary Williams (Head of Legal, HR and Democratic Services)
Please note that as part of this recruitment process, we will be reviewing any information that is held in the public domain.
"Working together for the future of Denbighshire."