Religious weddings

To marry in the Church in Wales or of England, you will need to speak to the vicar of the church in which you wish to marry.

Unlike civil marriages, religious weddings usually take place in the district where one of you lives. In some cases you can marry in a church outside of where one of you live, as long as one of you usually worship in another building or if there is no building of your religious denomination in your area.

There will usually be an authorised person to write the register, but if not you must contact the local Register Office to arrange for a registrar to attend. The cost for a registrar to attend a religious marriage is £86.00.

Coronavirus update

Denbighshire Registration Service has taken the decision to cease conducting Marriage, Civil Partnership or other Discretionary Ceremonies (e.g. Renewal of Vows; Baby Naming etc.) at the Register Office and at any Licensed Venue in Denbighshire until further notice.

Notices of marriage/civil partnership will be deferred until further notice.

Anyone who has already made a booking may contact Denbighshire Registration Service by emailing:

Latest news about our services and advice on the Coronavirus