The Nationality Checking Service is a partnership between the Home Office Border and Immigration Agency and Denbighshire County Council.
If you are applying for a British citizenship, then you can get help to make sure that your application is complete from the Nationality Checking Service (NCS). You do not have to use this service and can apply directly to the Home Office or use a solicitor. However the checking service allows you to keep your passport and does not restrict your travel plans while your application is under consideration by the Home Office.
A specially trained and accredited NCS advisor can help make sure your application for British Citizenship isn't delayed by;
- Checking your application forms have been completed correctly
- Making sure all required documents are attached
- Checking that the correct fee has been submitted
- Certifying the copies of your important documents (such as your passport and marriage certificate) and returning the originals to you instead of sending them to the Home Office.
- Making sure your completed application is sent to the Home Office by special delivery.
How to use our NCS
To use our NCS, please complete one of the Home Office British Nationality forms and book an appointment at one of our register offices, where we'll check the form and make sure all the necessary documents are included.
To book an appointment with one of our NCS advisors you can phone us on;
- 01745 366610 - Rhyl
- 01824 706187 or 01824 706174 - Ruthin
Download the Home Office British Nationality application form
Download the Home Office British Nationality application form for a person under 18 year olds
How much does it cost?
Below are the NCS fees which are payable when the NCS appointment is made and are non refundable. They do not include the Home Office Fees.
|Type of Application
Visit our citizenship ceremonies page to find out how you can celebrate a successful application.
Passport Checking Service
Customers who use our Nationality Checking Service are now also able to apply for their UK passport at the same time as their citizenship application.