Lunch is provided at all schools in Denbighshire. In primary schools, all meals have a fixed price. Secondary schools serve lunches on a cafeteria basis, with different prices for different meals.
Who can have free school meals?
You can claim free school meals for your child if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance; Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance; Income Related
- Pension Credit; Guaranteed Credit
- Child tax credit (but not working tax credit) with an annual income below £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
Find out more about these benefits.
Foster children are not eligible for free school meals. This is because foster parents already receive an allowance for looking after the child.
How do I claim free school meals?
You can only apply for free school meals from the local authority of where your child goes to school.
If your child goes to a school in Denbighshire, you can apply online for free school meals.
Apply online for free school meals (for a child going to a Denbighshire school)
Information from other Local Authorities