Lunch is provided at all schools in Denbighshire. In primary schools, all meals have a fixed price. Secondary schools serve lunches on a cafeteria basis, with different prices for different meals.
Who can have free school meals?
You can claim free school meals for your child if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance; Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance; Income Related
- Pension Credit; Guaranteed Credit
- Child tax credit (but not working tax credit) with an annual income below £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Find out more about these benefits.
Foster children are not eligible for free school meals. This is because foster parents already receive an allowance for looking after the child.
How do I claim free school meals?
To apply for free school meals, please complete an application form and return it to the address on the form.
When you return your completed form, you will need to include evidence that you receive one of the benefits listed above. This can be either a recent letter from the Benefits Agency or Pension Service, or your latest Child Tax Credit notification letter from the Inland Revenue.