School uniform grant

If your child is in Year 7 in secondary education in Denbighshire (either at a secondary school or special school), you may be entitled to a grant towards the cost of their school uniform. 

Some schools have a policy to provide help towards school uniform costs for pupils in year 8 and above, please contact your child’s school to find out if they can help.  

Who can have school uniform grants?

You can claim a school uniform grant if you receive any of the following:

  • income support
  • income based job seekers allowance 
  • income related employment and support allowance 
  • child tax credit (but not working tax credit) with an annual income below £16,190 (April 2011) 
  • pension credit (guaranteed credit)

Find out more about these benefits.

For pupils in Year 7, the grant is £105 per pupil.

How do I claim a school uniform grant?

To apply for a school uniform grant, please download and complete the relevant application form below and return it to the address on the form:

When you return your completed form, you will need to include evidence that you receive one of the benefits listed above. This can be either a recent letter from the Benefits Agency or Pension Service, or your latest Child Tax Credit notification letter from the Inland Revenue. Alternatively, you can take your form to the Benefits Agency to be stamped.