The Level 3 Safeguarding training aims to promote best practice for those in the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at each school.
- To understand the policies, procedures and legislation which underpins the DSL role
- To increase skills and confidence when engaging with child protection issues and in recognising the indicators of abuse
- To promote best practice when contributing to conferences and core groups
- Understanding the impact of abuse and trauma on children
- To gain up to date knowledge on CSE, radicalisation and online safety
- To raise awareness and familiarisation of Denbighshire local procedures relating to referrals, reports, and scoring relating to the CSE panel.
The course will ensure that those undertaking the DSL role feel confident when in engaging in the child protection arena. As knowledge of indicators, forms of abuse and its impact increase, it is important to ensure those working in this area maintain an up to date knowledge basis which adheres to best practice. The course will provide an opportunity to learn about current practices and resources as well as providing the opportunity to discuss the complexities involved in keeping children safe and promoting their wellbeing.
Facilitated by the NSPCC / Trainer: Holly Gordon
When does training take place?
The training starts at 9.30am and finishes at 4.30pm on the following days:
- Monday 11th September - Fully booked
- Thursday 14th September
- Tuesday 19th September - Fully booked
- Wednesday 27th September
- Friday 29th September - Fully booked
- Thursday 5th October - Fully booked
- Friday 10th November
Where is the training taking place?
Training will take place at County Hall, Ruthin. Find out how to get to County Hall.
How to get involved
There is a cost of £65 per person for the training. You will need to book a place to attend this training. To book a place, please complete the form below.