TRAC 11-24 is a project supporting young people aged 11-24 disengaging with education and at risk of becoming NEET (not in Education, Employment or Training).
The aim of the project is to reduce the number of young people aged 11-24 at highest risk of becoming NEET in North Wales, through a range of interventions that will compliment but not duplicate mainstream services.
Who is TRAC for?
Young people that are eligible for the project will be identified though a learner profile tool that is ran through schools and colleges. The tool uses multiple data strands such as behaviour, attainment, attendance & exclusions and this generates a score that tells us if this young person would be eligible for the project.
What can we offer?
The project is delivered by a team across the whole of North Wales using such interventions as:
- Counselling – Counsellors & Mental Health Workers.
- Wellbeing / Attendance – Educational Support Workers, Wellbeing Workers, Attendance Support Officers, One to One sessions, Youth workers, Sport & Health, Social & Education and Support & Development.
- DPS – Courses and Work Placements.
- Careers Wales – Activate, Individual Sessions & Group Sessions.
A young person taking part will benefit from health and wellbeing support which will support their continued engagement in education. It gives them access to an alternative curriculum which will allow them to undertake accredited qualifications linked to local labour market opportunities and will also improve their attainment.
The project aims to support over 9000 young people and so far has seen many excellent outcomes that our young people and their families never dreamed could be possible. Every participant will have individual ways of deeming their personal success and progression. But, here are just a few examples of outcomes:
- work placements offering permanent roles
- colleges offering unconditional places
- improved wellbeing scores
- qualifications in a variety of vocations
- hundreds of young people developing new skills to help shape their future
- stronger family relationships and many new found friendships and connections.
The project is being led by Denbighshire County Council, working in partnership with
- Anglesey County Council
- Conwy County Borough Council
- Flintshire County Council
- Gwynedd County Council
- Wrexham County Council
- Grwp Llandrillo Menai
- Coleg Cambria
- Careers Wales
TRAC 11-24 is an EU funded project, receiving support from ESF Priority Axis 3: Youth Employment and Attainment; Specific Objective 2 (reducing the number of young people aged 11-24 at highest risk of becoming NEET in North Wales).
If you would like more information about TRAC 11-24, you can contact us online or you can phone your local team.