Home contents insurance

We do not insure the contents of your home against damage or theft.  You can take out your own insurance cover, or you can use the My Home contents insurance scheme.

What is My Home contents insurance?

My Home contents insurance is a low-cost scheme to insure the contents of your home.  The scheme will cover most of your household goods, such as:

  • furniture
  • TV
  • clothing
  • carpets
  • electrical items

The scheme will insure your goods against:

  • theft
  • fire
  • storm
  • water damage
  • flood
  • accidental damage
Find out more about My Home contents insurance.

Who is the insurance scheme for?

My Home contents insurance is available to all tenants living in Denbighshire council housing.

How do I get insurance?

You can find more information and get a quote on the My Home website.

The scheme is provided by Community Housing Cymru, the National Housing Federation, Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz plc.


We are not qualified to carry out our own assessment of My Home, and are not in a position to endorse them.  Accordingly, we cannot accept any liability for offering this information.

It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that this, or any other, insurance is suitable for you and value for money.  You can get quotes from other insurance companies and compare their offerings.  You can find a list of recommended insurance providers on the Which? website.