Denbighshire Bookstart gives every baby the opportunity to develop an early love of sharing books and reading, and to become members of their local library by:
- giving each baby and toddler a free gift of a bilingual Bookstart bag
- offering advice to parents and carers on the benefits of giving books to babies
- encouraging library membership
- running rhymetimes in libraries
- working in partnership with other early years agencies
Libraries love babies and toddlers, and young children will be given a great welcome. Children under 5 don’t have to pay fines if books are returned late or charges for damaged books. We also know that children can be noisy at times - that's no problem!
There are regular Bookstart Rhymetimes in most libraries in Denbighshire. These sessions aim to make books fun for babies and children, by using songs, rhymes and movement, to develop language and social skills. Parents will also from the opportunity to make new friends to come to a welcoming and social sessions. The sessions are free of charge. Follow our Facebook page for all the latest news: Denbighshire Bookstart.
Denbighshire Bookstart is part-funded by the Flying Start programme.
Bookstart 2018 Timetable