A free online resource and information for community groups and city, town and community councils in Denbighshire has gone live.
The online resource has been produced to help community groups and organisations to access information and advice they can follow to improve lives and the quality of life in their communities.
Practical details include:
- How to set up a Committee
- Links to Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) information sheet inc. information on registering as a charity
- Evidence to support grant applications including the Conwy and Denbighshire Wellbeing Assessment Website
- Links to local CVCs
- Links to external funders
- Benefits of having a plan
- Links to DEWIS Cymru, Denbighshire Local Development Plan and external statistic websites
Councillor Richard Mainon, Cabinet Lead Member for Developing Community Infrastructure, said: “Community Resilience has been identified as a high priority across the whole of Denbighshire with the emphasis on communities taking the lead in shaping their futures, looking at what they could themselves to improve their communities.
“This community planning web resource provides tools needed by groups and City, Town and Community Councils see their aspirations turn into a reality”.
As well as the free online resource the project will offer officer time and support to communities who wish to create their own plans and bid for funding, signposting to appropriate grant provider. Support will also be given to member so that they also could offer advice and guidance to their respective communities.
The information can be found online at: www.denbighshire.gov.uk/communityplanning.
Posted on Thursday 7th December 2017