Highways: Gritters have been working through the night and this morning. All routes from Lon Parcwr and Corwen will be salted at noon. Some routes from the Kinmel Depot will also be treated.
After this time, the weather is less predictable but it looks likely that a full gritting run will take place in the south of the county tonight and a decision taken on the routes in the north.
Weather: A very cold morning with some freezing fog patches but also sunny spells. It will become cloudier this afternoon with spells of rain and possible hill snow arriving towards the end of the day.
Rain and any sleet or hill snow will clear east through this evening allowing clear periods and showers to follow. Showers could well turn rather lengthy by the end of the night though. This morning we have gritters covering locations that are continuing to cause us problems.
- Service 55 (Llew Jones Coaches) – Ruthin- Corwen-Llangollen-Wrexham - This service is now operating between Ruthin and Corwen
- Service 77 (Phoenix Transport) – Ruthin-Llanelidan is not operating.
- Service 2 (P&O Lloyd) Ruthin-Mold has been delayed due to hazardous driving conditions and will return to normal operational times as soon as possible.
- All other services are due to operate as normal.
Libraries: All libraries are open today as normal.
Schools: Eight of our schools remain closed or partially closed today due to snow or problems with heating.
Customer Contact Centre: This is operating as normal.
Llangollen Leisure Centre – Limited Opening
- Fitness Suite and Dry Facilities Open
- All Weather Pitch – Closed
- Limited parking
Corwen – Limited Opening
- Fitness Suite Open.
- Car Park, and 3G pitch Closed.
- Swimming Pool is open, limited sessions on this afternoon. Swimming Lessons on as normal
Ruthin Leisure Centre
- Centre open except for the Car Park (due to fallen tree blocking entrance and ice / snow), and AWP pitch which are closed.
- Swimming Programme on as normal, including swimming lessons
Ruthin Craft Centre
Open as normal
Denbigh Leisure Centre
Centre open with a normal programme except for All Weather Pitch which is closed.
St Asaph Leisure Centre
Centre is open except for 3G pitch which is closed.
Rhyl Leisure Centre
Centre open decision on All Weather pitch will be made this afternoon
Prestatyn Leisure Centre
Centre is open. A decision on All Weather Pitch will be made this afternoon
North Wales Bowls Centre
We hope you find this update useful. This will be the last update, unless the weather position deteriorates.
Posted on Tuesday 12th December 2017