As conditions are expected to worsen on Thursday evening and Friday, Denbighshire County Council has decided there will be no school or college transport for areas to the south of Ruthin, as well as some additional areas. The main reason for this is whether we can realistically return students home safely in the afternoon.
Please check the website: www.denbighshire.gov.uk to check whether the actual school itself is open.
Transport will not operate to:
- Ysgol Brynhyfryd
- Ysgol Dinas Brân
- Betws GG, Carrog, Carreg Emlyn (Clocaenog and Cyffylliog), Caer Drewyn (Corwen), Bro Dyfrdwy (Cynwyd), Bro Elwern (Gwyddelwern), Bro Famau(Llanarmon yn Ial and Llanferres), Dyffryn Iâl (Llandegla), Llanfair DC, Bryn Collen (Llangollen), Y Gwernant (Llangollen), Pentrecelyn, Pant Pastynog (Prion)
- Stepping Stones South (Brynhyfryd site)
- Coleg Cambria (Wrexham and Llysfasi sites)
- Coleg Llandrillo
- Transport from south of Ruthin to Ysgol Plas Brondyffryn, Ysgol Tir Morfa, Stepping Stones.
- Pwllglas to St Brigid’s and its feeder buses will not operate.
All other journeys operating to the north of the A494 and Ruthin through the Vale and towards the coast can continue as normal. Again, check the website for school closures.
Posted on Thursday 1st March 2018