Concessionary travel

Changes to concessionary travel cards

From June 2019, concessionary travel cards are being replaced by new-style cards from Transport for Wales. 

Old-style cards will still be valid for travel and offer the same benefits until 31 December 2019.

You will receive the new-style card if you apply for a new Concessionary Travel Card from July 2019. 

If you order a replacement card, you'll receive the same style card as the one you are replacing.

You will need to change your old-style card to the new-style between September and 31 December 2019. To change your card, you will need to apply for a new Concessionary Travel Card.

If you are aged 60 or over, or you have a disability, you may be entitled to a free concessionary travel card. This means you can travel for free on local bus services and some train services throughout Wales.

Who can apply for a Concessionary Travel Card?

You can apply for a Concessionary Travel Card if: 

  • you are aged 60 or over 
  • you have a physical or learning disability 
  • you live in Denbighshire 

How do I apply?

Apply for a new or replacement Concessionary Travel Card online

Alternatively, you can apply for a Concessionary Travel Card by completing an application form and returning it to the address on the form or to any One Stop Shop.

You will also need to provide: 

  • a recent passport sized photograph of yourself, with your name printed on the back 
  • proof of your address – such as a utility bill or council tax bill 
  • proof of your date of birth – such as your birth certificate, passport or driving licence

It’s fine to provide photocopies.

How much does it cost?

Your first Transport for Wales Concessionary Travel Card is free, including those changing from the old-style cards.

If your Concessionary Travel Card gets lost, stolen or damaged, you can get a replacement by completing this replacement form and posting it to the address at the bottom of the form.  There is a £10.00 charge for replacement Concessionary Travel Card.  Please include payment with your replacement form. 

If your Concessionary Travel Card is damaged, it may not be accepted on the bus or train.