Report a food hygiene issue

If you are concerned about hygiene at a food outlet in Denbighshire, report it to us so that we can investigate. We deal with food issues in Denbighshire. If your complaint is about an establishment outside Denbighshire, please contact the relevant local authority.

How do I complain about a food outlet?

You can contact us online to report a food hygiene issue. You can also call us on 01824 706405, or come in to a One Stop Shop.

What happens after I complain?

We carry out a thorough inspection of the food establishment and look at the condition of the food rooms, assess food hygiene practices, take temperature recordings and samples of food for examination. We also check that paperwork is up to date.

The investigating officer will discuss the findings with you, and tell you if further legal action will be taken.

You can request a copy of the examiner’s report and the officer’s report, but there will be a charge for each copy. You will be notified of the charge on request.