New legislation - Sustainable drainage systems

From 7 January 2019, there will be new legislation in place making it mandatory to have sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) on new developments.

Visit the Welsh Government website to find out more about the legislation making SuDS mandatory


It is the owners, or persons carrying out works, responsibility to find out which permission is needed for a household project.

Straight to...


Planning permissionFind out if you need permission or approval for certain works.


Planning adviceWe can provide advice on planning issues.


Make a planning application Submit an application for planning permission.



Search & comment on applicationsView and have your say on current applications.


AppealsHow to appeal if your planning application has been refused.


Planning enforcementFind out what we can investigate and how to report a planning breach.



Other permissions Major infrastructure developmentsOrdinary Watercourse ConsentBiodiversity Listed building consent Conservation area consentTree preservation ordersOur address and opening hoursPlanning Annual Performance Report 2016-17Planning Committee AdvertisementsFormer North Wales Hospital - Denbigh Planning permission for Childminding and Children's Day Care