Plas Newydd is closed from October to 1st April but can be booked for group tours during that time.
Plas Newydd, Llangollen
Phone number: 01978 862834
About Plas Newydd
Lady Eleanor Butler and Miss Sarah Ponsonby captured the imagination of Regency society. They received a stream of visitors to the unpretentious little cottage which, over the years, they transformed into a Gothic fantasy of projecting stained glass and elaborately carved oak. Inside Plas Newydd today, an exhibition including some of their possessions and an audio tour bring their story to vivid life. You can stroll through their gardens and along their riverside walk. And you can take tea, as Wordsworth, Sir Walter Scott and the Duke of Wellington have all done before you.
Photographs are not allowed inside the house for light sensitivity and security reasons.
- Adult - £6.00
- Children aged 5 to 16 years old - £5.00
- Children under 5 years old - free
- Family (4 people, min one child) - £17.50
- Seniors (60 years +) - £5.00
- Students - £5.00
- Groups of 15+ people - 10% discount off total group booking
- Carer accompanying a disabled visitor - free
- Young Archaeologists club - free
- Denbighshire schools - £2.00 per person
- All other schools - £2.25 per person
- Guide book - £1.50
- Audio guide - £1.50
Plas Newydd is open from April to September during the following times:
|| Opening times
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday,
Saturday & Sunday
| 10am-5pm (Last entry 4pm)
You can arrange a group visit for next season between April and September by emailing us or calling 01978 862834 Monday to Friday.
Events in Denbighshire