County Conversation is our campaign to find out what's most important to you and help us to make sure we focus on the right areas.
Click a phase below to find out more information about County Conversation.
Phase 1 of County Conversation took place during the summer of 2016, we asked people about their long-term future aspirations for their communities. We received a range of views, with consistent messages emerging from across the County. This coupled with statistics helped us to draft the following list of themes that are important to you;
- Access to services
- Active lifestyles
- Employment and business opportunities
- Entertainment Venues and Events
- Integrated Health and Social Care Services
- Natural Environment
You can read the full details of what we found out from phase 1 in our County Conversation phase 1 report
Phase 2 took place at the end of 2016. We asked people to consider the list of themes identified in Phase 1, and choose a level of importance for each aspiration. We received over 1500 responses from residents of Denbighshire and were able to identify key priorities to take forward.
You can read the full details of what we found out from phase 2 in our County Conversation phase 2 report
New objectives and well-being statement
All the feedback received over phase 1 and 2 of County Conversation has been reviewed and the following objectives have been agreed by our current Cabinet, which we will propose that our new Council formally adopt as our Corporate Priorities in October 2017;
- Denbighshire is a place where younger people will want to live and work and they have the skills to do so
- Communities are connected and have access to goods and services locally, online or through good transport links
- There is an attractive and protected environment that supports communities’ wellbeing and economic prosperity.
- People can live independent and fulfilled lives in strong, caring, safe and resilient communities
- The Council and communities work together to overcome challenges; devising and delivering joint solutions
- There are events that bring people together, creating active communities and helping business to prosper
Our Well-being statement explains how these objectives should improve the well-being of our communities.
Read our Well-being statement
Our Corporate Plan is guided by our corporate priorities. Find out more about our Corporate Plan