A better connected Denbighshire
What we want
Denbighshire will be a place of thriving, cohesive and connected communities. This will mean having good road infrastructure and transport links, better digital connectivity, and social infrastructure to support personal and community well-being.
What we aim to do:
- Maintain a quality road network, including:
- £20m in resurfacing projects by 2027.
- Replace Llanerch Bridge, in partnership with Welsh Government.
- Working through the regional body, and within the context of the Wales Transport Strategy, we will enable people to access education, employment, services and activities by:
- Improve transport services in Denbighshire’s communities.
- Developing a Sustainable Transport Plan, that makes travel and tourism within our county ‘greener’, including new Active Travel routes that encourage walking and cycling within and between communities.
- Support our county’s green infrastructure by:
- Developing and installing a public network of electric vehicle charging points.
- Exploring ways in which the council can encourage new housing developments to allow for electric vehicle charging and green spaces.
- Support communities with improved digital networks and skills, this includes:
- Helping residents to understand options and solutions for improved internet connectivity, including through Fibre Community Partnerships.
- Through our libraries, and in partnership with Cwmpass, offer skills development and quality facilities that support digitally safe and inclusive communities.
- Promote personal and community well-being by:
- Supporting volunteering and projects from grassroots organisations to develop community and personal skills in local places.
- Investing in capacity building and support for community groups.
- Developing community engagement schemes to support community involvement and decision-making in local regeneration.