Corporate priority: Connected Communities
Communities are connected and have access to goods and services locally, online and through good transport links
Denbighshire understands that access to goods and services is key to maintaining people’s independence. However, depending on where you live, this is not always easy. During the course of this new Corporate Plan Denbighshire will make it a priority to ensure that communities throughout the county are connected and have access to the goods and services they need.
To achieve this we will:
- Better enable people to travel to work, education and services.
- Invest in roads and bridges to maintain a viable, sustainable infrastructure.
- Make superfast broadband and mobile networks available to everyone.
- Ensure Council information and services will be accessible online where possible. Opportunities to work with partners will also be explored.
- Target those most likely to be digitally excluded so they have the skills and means to use digital services.
- Improve infrastructure to make it easier to stage events.
If we are successful we expect to see:
- Improved travel connectivity across the county
- County-wide superfast broadband and mobile networks, including 4G and 5G.
- An increased proportion of Council transactions taking place online.
- All residents skilled and confident in accessing goods and services online.