Corporate priority: Resilient Communities
The Council works with people and communities to build independence and resilience
In Denbighshire we aim to promote people’s health and well-being and encourage them to remain as independent as possible. In order to do this, we need to work with everyone in the community, to ensure that there are strong support networks in place and ensure people have more involvement in decisions affecting their future well-being. At the same time, we will continue to make sure that people at risk of abuse or exploitation are safeguarded.
To achieve this we will:
- Support people to plan and shape their communities.
- Provide easily accessible information that supports people’s independence and resilience.
- Ensure people are involved in shaping and improving services.
- Act to reduce Domestic Abuse
- Ensure all carers in Denbighshire are well supported.
- Ensure adults and older people who need health and social care in Denbighshire will experience a seamless service.
If we are successful we expect to see:
- Thriving community groups.
- People will be more resilient and independent.
- Residents feeling informed and empowered to influence services.
- Everyone feeling safe in their communities.
- People able to live in their own homes for longer.
- Vulnerable people being supported by their community.