A fairer, safe, and more equal Denbighshire
What we want
Address deprivation faced by our communities, reducing inequality, and promoting diversity and community cohesion.
What we aim to do:
- Foster community cohesion by ensuring people are protected from harm, abuse and exploitation. This includes:
- Working to reduce domestic abuse.*
- Tackling anti-social behaviour.
- Participating in the Welsh Government’s Community Cohesion Programme.*
- Promoting our Zero Racism Pledge.*
- Taking action against hate crime, such as against those with a disability, or because of race or sexual orientation.*
- Reduce inequalities by:
- Ensuring that the experiences of people from diverse backgrounds, seldom heard groups, and those at a socio-economic disadvantage are heard and inform decision making.*
- Improving the well-being of children from low income and disadvantaged families. This includes reducing the attainment gap of children and young people through Equity in Education and the Price of Pupil Poverty project.*
- Encouraging broad participation in services delivered by libraries, arts, culture and heritage sectors.*
- Alleviate poverty by:
- Expanding our free school meals offer to all primary school pupils, in partnership with the Welsh Government.
- Developing a food waste strategy for the county with our partners.
- Working with our partners to provide information, advice and support to those at risk of fuel poverty.
- Stimulating and supporting community groups to help individuals with cost of living pressures.
- Continue to support and resettle refugees through the UK Global Resettlement Scheme, in support of Wales’ declaration to be a Nation of Sanctuary.*