Apply for a class N council tax exemption or student disregard online

What happens to my information?

Denbighshire County Council collects your personal information to provide you with services relevant to your request.

For further information about how we handle personal information, please view our privacy notice.

  • An exemption is awarded to a property where all the adult occupiers are full time students.

    A discount is awarded if there is one (or more) full time student(s) and other adults (who are not students) occupying a property.

    Students are classed as people undertaking a full time course of education at a university, college of higher education or college of further education.

    A full time course is classed as a course which lasts for at least one academic year and the person must attend for at least 24 weeks and undertake periods of study of no less than 21 hours per week.

    You'll need to provide a certificate from the university, college of higher education or college of further education confirming the course details.

    An application form will need to be submitted for each full time student.

    Select 'Next' to start an application for a student disregard or exemption.