What is E-learning?
E-learning is any form of learning conducted via electronic media, typically on the Internet. This can be video, via YouTube, talks streamed via sites such as Ted.com, TV programmes or Modular learning.
Benefits of E-learning
It's cost effective and saves time, by reducing the time taken away from the office, removing travel costs and doing away with printed materials, online learning helps you to save money and increase workplace productivity.
Learning 24/7, anywhere, your schedule, your pace, your place. Many face-to-face courses only operate within normal office hours. By allowing staff to complete the course when and where they like, you can make sure disruptions to busy working schedules are minimised.
It makes tracking of course progress easy. All courses record users interacting via the site and this can be reported on. As part of your induction you will need to complete mandatory E-learning modules. Please see below:
Accessing the E-learning website
Visit the E-learning website (learning.wales.nhs.uk) (external website)
Guide: E-learning (PDF, 865KB)
Duration of mandatory modules:
- Corporate Induction (for new starters from June 2019 and all Corporate Support Staff only) - 30 minutes
- Code of Conduct - 10 minutes
- Violence against Women - 45 minutes
- Equalities - 30 minutes
- Safeguarding Awareness Children & Adults - 30 minutes
- Data Protection - 20 minutes
- Whistleblowing - 10 minutes
- Welsh Language Awareness - 20 minutes
- Carer Awareness - 45 minutes
- Mental Health Awareness - 20 minutes
- Modern Slavery
- Introduction to Climate Change
- Hate Crime
- Dementia Awareness
- Attendance at Work
- One to One Discussions
- Tourism Ambassador Scheme