Commercial Property Development Grant
We have secured funding from the UK Government Shared Prosperity Fund to offer capital investment grants to regenerate commercial properties located in Denbighshire town and city centres. The grant scheme forms part of the wider Town Centre Property Improvement Scheme Project.
The Denbighshire Commercial Property Development Grant is open to commercial properties based in one of the 8 principal town and city centres in the county that have proposed project(s) to develop and upgrade their property and the Town Centre. Properties must be within the town or city centre boundaries of one of the following:
- St Asaph
The project must fit into the following criteria:
- Individual Project grant awards will be limited to £50k per application with a minimum of £5,000.
- There will be a 30% match funding requirement from the applicant.
- The fund is available to the freehold owners of the property, or occupiers who hold a lease with 7 years or more remaining at date of application, and who have secured their landlord’s written consent to the proposed works.
What is available?
Grants between £5,000 and £50,000 are available to improve or develop a commercial property.
External works to the building frontages would be considered without the need for internal work. This can include work deemed necessary for the structural integrity and the end use of the property particularly where there is a change of use proposed. Items may include:
- Improved Display Windows
- Signage Improvements
- Windows & Doors
- External Lighting
- Roofs and Chimneys
- Rainwater goods
- Rendering, stone cleaning and repairs, repointing
- Structural Works
Internal works would only be eligible for funding as part of a comprehensive package of external improvements to the building or for where a proposed change of use is required. This should include all work, visible or structural, necessary to complete the project to Building Regulations. This may include:
- Windows & doors
- Improved accessibility
- Walls, ceilings, lighting
- Utilities and services, including heating
- Welfare Facilities (e.g. essential washroom and cleansing facilities only)
- Structural work
In addition, any works to improve the energy efficiency of the building (e.g. enhanced insulation), will be eligible, as part of a broader suite of works.
Works to provide/improve residential properties are not eligible for this grant.
What should the scheme achieve?
We expect each project to be able to demonstrate benefits to the Town Centre, such as:
- A reduction in Town Centre Vacancy rates.
- Overall quality and image of the environment improved (creating identity, sense of place and business confidence) to encourage more people to spend more time in the town centres and encouraging more activity and trade to support local businesses.
- Creation of new employment and business opportunities.
- Sustainability of existing and new businesses in the town centres.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for a Commercial Property Development Grant, you will need to submit an Expression of Interest online form.
Expression of Interest online form
After submitting an expression of interest
Once an expression of interest has been submitted, and all eligibility criteria from the expression of interest is met, we will be in contact with a full application form to complete and submit evidence.
Grant applications will be assessed by Denbighshire EBD Officers, before approved by a Funding Panel that will oversee the process and allocate the grant.
There is limited funding amount available. In the event that funds are over-subscribed, priority will be given to the first applicant to complete and return a full application form and provide all supporting evidence.
You can contact us if you would like more information about the Commercial Property Development Grant.