Central Rhyl Coastal Defences Scheme: Pre-application Consultation
The pre-application consultation period for the Central Rhyl Coastal Defences Scheme has now closed.
The Central Rhyl Coastal Defences scheme proposals consist of the following works:
- The construction of approximately 1.45km of rock scour protection and concrete repairs to existing coastal defence assets from Splash Point to the SeaQuarium (the eastern section of the scheme). The rock scour protection would consist of boulders being placed at the base of the existing coastal defence structures.
- The construction of approximately 750m of new concrete stepped revetment, from the SeaQuarium to Drift Park (the western section of the scheme).
- Promenade raising/widening and a sea defence wall at the rear of the promenade, over a length of approximately 750m between SeaQuarium to Drift Park.
- New pedestrian stepped accesses to the beach through the proposed concrete stepped revetment, to replace the existing beach accesses (in the western section of the scheme).
- Two new stepped accesses to the beach through the rock scour protection (in the eastern section of the scheme).
- Creation of a new access ramp linking the promenade with the beach near to the SeaQuarium.
- The extension of existing drainage outfalls and protection works to any such outfalls that would be covered by the new revetment.
The consultation period ran for a period of 28 days between 12 January 2022 and 23.59 on 09 February 2022.
The drawings/documents below were draft planning documents for the purpose of the pre-application consultation.
These may have now been superseded with updated versions included in the planning application submission.
The planning application is available to view online.
The application reference is: 45/2022/0271.
Planning application documents - Online
All information on the project, including drawings, maps, and assessments, can be found to view at the bottom of this page.
- Consultation documents
- General Arrangement drawings
- Typical cross-sections and details
- Planning, Design and Access Statement
- Environment Statement (Non-Technical Summary)
- Environmental Statement
- Environment Statement Technical Appendices
- Barkby Ecological Mitigation Area
- Other planning documents (General)
Planning application documents - Hard Copies
Hard copies of the planning application documents were available to view at the Rhyl Tourist Information Centre.
We held public exhibitions to display our draft proposals during the statutory pre-application consultation period.
The public exhibitions were held at Rhyl Town Hall, 22 Wellington Road, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 1HZ between 2pm and 7pm on the 25th and 26th January 2022.
Members of the project team were available to discuss the scheme proposals during the public exhibition.
To contact the project team, please use the below details:
Planning application document links
Links to the following documents are provided below.
General Arrangement drawings
Typical cross-sections and details
Planning, Design and Access Statement
CR-MMD-00-00-RP-T-0012 - Planning Design and Access Statement (PDF, 1.6MB)
Environment Statement (Non-Technical Summary)
CR-MMD-00-00-RP-EN-3027_C01 ES Vol 3 Non Technical Summary (PDF, 2MB)
CR-MMD-00-00-RP-EN-3016 - Central Rhyl Environmental Statement Volume 1 (PDF, 50MB)
Environment Statement Technical Appendices
Barkby Ecological Mitigation Area
CR-MMD-00-XX-RP-EN-3025_C01 - Barkby Ecological Mitigation Area Report (PDF, 12.5MB)
Other planning documents (General)