Pests and infestation

We no longer provide a pest control service (except in some cases for council housing tenants). We recommend contacting a private pest control company if you have a pest problem or need advice.

The British Pest Control Association (BPCA) provide a variety of resources and services to help with any pest problems you may have.

Find out more on the BPCA website (external website)


Unfortunately, we are not able to investigate complaints about seagulls.

It is illegal to intentionally injure or kill a seagull, or damage or destroy an active nest. However, there are some things you can do to discourage seagulls from nesting.

Get advice on gull deterrents from the RSPCA (external website)

Pests in a council housing property

In some cases, we may be able to treat the problem if you are a council housing tenant.

Report a pest control problem in a council house