Nantclwyd y Dre are the winners of a 2017 and 2018 Visit Wales Hidden Gem award.
COVID 19 measures
Before you visit, please understand we have the following rules in place to keep everyone safe. Please:
- Wear a face mask whilst visiting the indoor spaces of Nantclwyd Y Dre (unless you are asthmatic/otherwise exempt – please show your exemption letter). This is a Welsh Government mandatory requirement.
- Pay by card if you can (cash still accepted)
- Be patient, we are not operating a pre-booking system, there may be a short wait on arrival
- Adhere to the Welsh Government 2 metre social distancing rules
- Sanitise your hands at our sanitising stations on arrival and departure
- Follow the one-way system
- Do not touch artefacts and displays wherever possible
- Take your time and enjoy your visit!
Nantclwyd y Dre is open during the following times:
April to September
- Thursday: 11am to 5pm
- Friday: 11am to 5pm
- Saturday: 11am to 5pm
Last admission: One hour before closing
October to March
You can arrange a group visit during October to March by emailing us or calling 01824 706868, between 10am-3pm Monday to Friday.
- Adult: £7.00
- Children aged 5 to 16 years old: £6.00
- Children under 5 years old: Free
- Family (4 people, min one child): £20.00
- Seniors (60 years +): £6.00
- Students: £6.00
- Carer accompanying a disabled visitor: Free
- Young Archaeologists club: Free
Phone: 01824 706868
About Nantclwyd y Dre
Take a trip through the seven ages of Nantclwyd y Dre, Wales’ oldest dated timbered town house.
The house was started in 1435 and has been added to, updated and upgraded throughout the centuries.
Nantclwyd y Dre has been beautifully restored to demonstrate the changing fashions and the lives of its residents.
Visitors can observe a colony of Lesser Horseshoe bats in the attic rooms via 'Bat Cam', participate in a quiz and use interactive media screens to learn more about the house and its inhabitants.
Come and visit the fully restored Lord's Garden. Admission to the Lords Garden is included in the entry price to the house.
Hiring this venue
You can hire Nantclwyd y Dre parlour rooms for events, parties and meetings. You will need to arrange your own catering and can use our kitchen area and fridge. This venue has space for up to 60 guests.
- During public visiting times: £25 per hour
- Outside of public visiting times: £25 per hour + a one off fee of £45
Skip embedded map