Nantclwyd y Dre are the winners of a 2017 and 2018 Visit Wales Hidden Gem award.
Keep Wales safe
Due to Local coronavirus restrictions we are currently open to residents of Denbighshire only and visitors must follow the covid-19 measures.
Due to the coronavirus firebreak, Nantclwyd y Dre will be closed from 4pm on Friday 23 October until further notice.
Phone: 01824 706868
About NantClwyd y Dre
Take a trip through the seven ages of Nantclwyd y Dre, Wales’ oldest dated timbered town house.
The house was started in 1435 and has been added to, updated and upgraded throughout the centuries.
Nantclwyd y Dre has been beautifully restored to demonstrate the changing fashions and the lives of its residents.
Visitors can observe a colony of Lesser Horseshoe bats in the attic rooms via 'Bat Cam', participate in a quiz and use interactive media screens to learn more about the house and its inhabitants.
Come and visit the fully restored Lord's Garden. Admission to the Lords Garden is included in the entry price to the house.
- Adult: £7.00
- Children aged 5 to 16 years old: £6.00
- Children under 5 years old: Free
- Family (4 people, min one child): £20.00
- Seniors (60 years +): £6.00
- Students: £6.00
- Carer accompanying a disabled visitor: Free
- Young Archaeologists club: Free
- Guide book: £2.00
- Interactive Tour App: £2.00
Hiring this venue
You can hire Nantclwyd y Dre parlour rooms for events, parties and meetings. You will need to arrange your own catering and can use our kitchen area and fridge. This venue has space for up to 60 guests.
- During public visiting times: £25 per hour
- Outside of public visiting times: £25 per hour + a one off fee of £45
Skip embedded map