Ruthin Gaol are the winners of a 2016, 2017 and 2018 Visit Wales Hidden Gem award.
Ruthin Gaol is currently closed until 1 April 2021.
- Family ticket (4 people maximum, and must include at least 1 concession): £20.00
- Adult: £7.00
- Concessions - 60 plus years of age / under 16 years old / student / disabled: £6.00
- Children under 5 years old: free
- 1 carer accompanying a disabled visitor: free
- Group tours: charge dependant on numbers in group
- Audio guides: free
- Guide books: free
General enquiries: 01824 708281 (April to September)
Group bookings and special occasions: 01824 708218
About Ruthin Gaol
Ruthin gaol is the only purpose-built Pentonville style prison open to the public as a heritage attraction. People can spend time exploring its nooks and crannies and learn about life in the Victorian prison system. See how the prisoners lived their daily lives: what they ate, how they worked, and the punishments they suffered. Explore the cells including the punishment, 'dark' and condemned cell. Find out about the Welsh Houdini and William Hughes who was the last man to be hanged there.
Hiring this venue
You can hire Ruthin Gaol for events, parties and meetings. You will need to arrange your own catering and can use our kitchen area and fridge. This venue has space for up to 60 guests.
- During public visiting times: £25 per hour
- Outside of public visiting times: £25 per hour plus a one-off fee of £45
Exclusive hire of the sites are available, prices start from £1500, to discuss hiring this venue, please call 01824 708218.
Skip embedded map