Concessionary travel

If you are aged 60 or over, or you have a disability, you may be entitled to a free Concessionary Travel Card from Transport for Wales. This means you can travel for free on local bus services and some train services throughout Wales.

Changes to concessionary travel cards

If you currently have a green-coloured Concessionary Travel Card issued by us, you will need to apply for a new-style card from Transport for Wales.

Who can apply for a Concessionary Travel Card?

You can apply for a Concessionary Travel Card if you:

  • are aged 60 or over
  • have a physical or learning disability
  • live in Denbighshire

How to apply

You'll need to apply to Transport for Wales for a Concessionary Travel Card.

Apply for a concessionary travel card (external website)

How much does it cost?

Your first Transport for Wales Concessionary Travel Card is free, including those changing from the old-style cards.

If your Concessionary Travel Card gets lost, stolen or damaged, you can get a replacement by applying to Transport for Wales. There is a £10.00 charge for a replacement Concessionary Travel Card.

If your Concessionary Travel Card is damaged, it may not be accepted on the bus or train.

Companion bus passes

If you need help when travelling, you may be entitled to a companion pass that provides free travel for one other person accompanying you for your whole journey. Applications for new companion bus passes are made to us, not Transport for Wales.

Find out more about companion bus passes including how to apply