Environmental information regulations (EIR)

Environmental Information Regulations give members of the public the right to access the environmental information we hold.

How do I request information?

Before you make a request
We publish lots of information through our Publication Scheme.  Please check here before making an Environmental Information Regulations request, as the information you're looking for may already be available in another part of the website.

You can ask for any information relating to the environment. This could include information about policies and plans that affect the environment; the state of the air, water or land; or how much money we spend on the environment.

Here are some examples of requests we’ve received in the past:

  • Please tell me the cost of repairing and maintaining bridges in Denbighshire in the last financial year.
  • How many flytipping incidents have been recorded over the last two years and what are the most common things to be abandoned?
  • I'd like to see your carbon emissions data in connection with the heating and lighting your council offices for the last 5yrs.
  • I would be interested to know what the Council’s environmental policies state about allowing biodiversity in places like Aber Adda, Llangollen.

Request information online

Alternatively, you can:

  • Email us at information@denbighshire.gov.uk
  • Write to us at: Access to Information, Corporate Information Management Team, Denbighshire County Council, PO Box 62, Ruthin, LL15 9AZ.

We will get back to you within 20 working days.

If you need assistance to make your request, please phone the Contact Centre 01824 706000 and hold for ‘all other enquiries'.

Will I be charged?

In some cases you may be charged a small fee for environmental information, but this depends on the amount and type of information you are requesting. You are welcome to contact us to discuss this before making your request.

The Information Commissioner

The Information Commissioner’s Office (external website) is the UK’s independent authority set up to enforce laws relating to public access to information. They provide advice to the public, and to organisations like the Council, that hold personal information and official records.

Related documents