The annual statement of accounts reports on the council’s position at the end of the financial year, and transactions during that year.
Statement of Accounts 2020 / 2021
Regulation 10(1) of the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 (as amended) requires that the Responsible Financial Officer of Denbighshire County Council sign and date the statement of accounts, and certify that it presents a true and fair view of the financial position of the body at the end of the year to which it relates and of that body's income and expenditure for that year. The Regulations require that this be completed by 31 May 2021.
The 2020/21 statutory deadlines are shown in the table below along with extended deadlines provided by Welsh Government due to the continuation of the pandemic.
Draft Statement of Accounts deadlines
|Item||Statutory deadline||Extended deadline|
|Draft Statement of Accounts
||31 May 2021
||31 August 2021
|Audited Statement of Accounts
||31 July 2021
||30 November 2021
The Responsible Financial Officer has not signed and certified the accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021 due to the impact of Covid19 on staff resources and additional work to finalise the accounts this year, and will work within the extended deadlines.
You can download the most recent statements of accounts below.
- Draft Statement of Accounts 2020-21 (PDF, 4.68MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2019-20 (PDF, 2.39MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2018-19 (PDF, 2MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2017-18 (PDF, 1.68MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2016-17 (PDF, 1.61MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2015-16 (PDF, 1.57MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2014-15 (PDF, 2.53MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2013-14 (PDF, 1.74MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2012-13 (PDF, 2MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2011-12 (PDF, 2.15MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2010-11 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2009-10 (PDF, 670KB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2008-09 (PDF, 476KB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2007-08 (PDF, 498KB)
Denbighshire County Council and the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Joint Committee
Notice of Audit of Accounts 2020/21
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to Sections 29 to 31 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 and Regulations 21, 22 and 24 of the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014.
- From Thursday 2 September to Wednesday 29 September 2021 inclusive (except Saturdays and Sundays) between the hours of 10 am and 3:30pm, any persons interested, on application to the Head of Finance & Property (Section 151 Officer) at the Council Offices, Ruthin may inspect and make copies of the accounts of the above named for the year ended 31 March 2021 and all books, deeds, contracts bills, vouchers and receipts relating thereto.
- On Thursday 30 September 2021 at 10am the Auditor General for Wales or his representative of Audit Wales at their Abergele Office on 02920 320500, at the request of any local government elector for the area to which the accounts relate, will give the elector, or his or her representative, an opportunity to question him about the accounts and any such elector or his or her representative may attend before the Auditor and make objection to any of the accounts. No objection may be made by, or on behalf of, an elector unless the Auditor has previously received written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it was made. Where an elector sends a notice to the Auditor he shall at the same time send a copy of the notice to the County Council at the address shown below.
- The Auditor General for Wales is Mr Adrian Crompton and his address is Audit Wales Ground floor, Unit 5325, North Wales Business Park, Abergele, Conwy, LL22 8LJ. Telephone number 02920 320500
Head of Finance and Property
Denbighshire County Council
Dated 9 August 2021.
Notice of Certification of Completion of the Audit
Notice is hereby given that, in compliance with section 23 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 (the Act), the Auditor General for Wales has certified that the audit of accounts of Denbighshire County Council & The Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Joint Committee for the year ended 31 March 2020 have been completed.
In accordance with section 29 of the Act, on every Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) between the hours of 9am and 4pm, an elector for the area may, upon application to the Chief Financial Officer, inspect and make a copy of the statements of accounts at the address below, or require a copy of the statements of accounts be delivered to them upon payment of a reasonable sum for each copy.
Chief Financial Officer
Denbighshire County Council
Dated 17 September 2020
AONB Joint Committee
Denbighshire County Council, Flintshire County Council and Wrexham County Borough Council established the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley AONB Joint Committee. Separate accounts are required for Joint Committees. As Denbighshire is the leading council in respect of the finance and accountancy service, it is Denbighshire's responsibility to complete the financial statements.
In accordance with the Local Government Finance Act 1982 and The Accounts and Audit Regulations (Wales) 2005 Denbighshire has published the Annual Return for the AONB Joint Committee following the audit.