Marriages and civil partnerships: Booking and fees
You will need to book the registration staff before committing yourself to a date and time for a marriage or civil partnership.
How to book the registration staff
To book registration staff for a marriage or civil partnership at an Approved Premises, you will need to contact Rhyl register office.
Marriages in a religious building normally have an authorised person to write the register, but if not you should contact us to arrange for a registrar to attend.
You will have to pay a provisional booking fee which is non-refundable if you cancel or alter arrangements. The provisional booking fee is £30.00 for a marriage in the register office or a place of worship, and £110.00 for a marriage in an Approved Premises. This will be taken off the full fee if there is no change.
If you would like to book our registration staff more than 12 months in advance of your marriage or civil partnership, then you can use our priority service.
How much does the priority service cost?
The priority service costs £75.00.
This optional priority service payment is non-refundable and will not be deducted from the final fee due.
How to book the priority service
You can book the priority service by contacting Rhyl register office.
Ceremony Provisional Booking Fees
- At an Approved Premises: £115
- Denbighshire County Council Ceremony Rooms (Ystafell Bro Famau Ruthin, Ystafell Clwyd Ruthin, Ystafell Glan Y Mor Rhyl): £55
- Rhyl Register Office: £30
Marriages and Civil Partnerships at Approved Premises
- Monday to Thursday (excluding bank holidays): £400
- Friday and Saturday (excluding bank holidays): £425
- Sunday and bank holidays: £500
Marriages and Civil Partnerships at Ystafell Glan y Môr, Rhyl Town Hall and Ystafell Bro Famau, Ruthin Town Hall
- Monday to Thursday (excluding bank holidays): £205
- Friday (excluding bank holidays): £215
- Saturday: £265
- Sunday and bank holidays: £310
Marriages and Civil Partnerships in the Register Office, Rhyl Town Hall
(couple plus maximum of 6 guests only)
Monday to Friday only (office hours only, excluding bank holidays): £46
Other marriage fees
- Giving notice: £35 each
- Registrar's attendance for a Marriage at a place of religious worship: £86
- Marriage or Civil Partnership certificate: £11 each