Marriages and civil partnerships: Booking and fees
You will need to book the registration staff before committing yourself to a date and time for a marriage or civil partnership.
How to book the registration staff
To book registration staff for a marriage or civil partnership at an Approved Premises, you will need to contact Rhyl register office.
You will have to pay a provisional booking fee which is non-refundable and noon-transferable if you cancel or alter arrangements. The provisional booking fee is £30 for a marriage in the register office or a place of worship, and £120 for a marriage in an Approved Premises. This will be taken off the full fee if there is no change.
If you would like to book our registration staff more than 12 months in advance of your marriage or civil partnership, then you can use our priority service.
How much does the priority service cost?
The priority service costs £75.
This optional priority service payment is non-refundable and will not be deducted from the final fee due.
How to book the priority service
You can book the priority service by contacting Rhyl register office.
Ceremony Provisional Booking Fees
- At an Approved Premises: £120
- Denbighshire County Council Ceremony Rooms (Ystafell Bro Famau Ruthin, Ystafell Clwyd Ruthin, Ystafell Glan Y Mor Rhyl): £60
- Rhyl Register Office: £30
- Registered building: £30
Marriages and Civil Partnerships at Approved Premises
- Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays): £440
- Sunday and bank holidays: £520
Marriages and Civil Partnerships at Ystafell Glan y Môr, Rhyl Town Hall and Ystafell Bro Famau, Ruthin Town Hall
- Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays): £275
- Sunday and bank holidays: £310
Marriages and Civil Partnerships in the Register Office, Rhyl Town Hall
Wednesday and Thursday (office hours only, excluding bank holidays): £46
Other marriage fees
- Giving notice: £35 each
- Registrar's attendance for a Marriage at a place of religious worship: £86
- Marriage or Civil Partnership certificate: £11 each