Religious weddings

To marry in the Church in Wales or of England, you will need to speak to the vicar of the church in which you wish to marry. 

Unlike civil marriages, religious weddings usually take place in the district where one of you lives. In some cases you can marry in a church outside of where one of you live, as long as one of you usually worship in another building or if there is no building of your religious denomination in your area. 

There will usually be an authorised person to write the register, but if not you must contact the local Register Office to arrange for a registrar to attend. The cost for a registrar to attend a religious marriage is £86.00.


  • For Register Office ceremonies, only your 2 witnesses are able to attend, with no other guests
  • Ceremonies being held at a Denbighshire licenced room can proceed with limited numbers, please contact us to confirm the amount of guests allowed.
  • Please be advised that all our advice may be subject to change without notice

Anyone who has already made a booking may contact Denbighshire Registration Service by emailing: