Selling to the Council - A Guide for Suppliers and Contractors
In general, any organisation taking part in a competitive tender process will need the following requirements, as minimum, in order to be successful:
- Competitive pricing;
- Robust method statements for contract delivery;
- Financial stability and capacity adequate to deliver the contract ;
- No prosecutions, outstanding charges or tribunals against the organisation or its directors; or evidence of rectification where there have been;
- Insurance policies to an appropriate level of cover; or willingness to increase cover to these levels if bid is successful;
- Access to personnel with capacity and capability to deliver the contract;
- Management systems and processes that ensure a consistently high level of quality to customers;
- A health and safety policy and evidence of successful implementation;
- An equality and anti-discrimination policy compliant with the Equality Act 2010, and evidence of successful implementation.
As most procurement will be carried out electronically it is vital that suppliers are registered on the Proactis supplier portal (see our Register to Supply the Council page). This will enable you to complete and submit tenders but will also provide notifications of opportunities relevant to your business. We also recommend registering on the Sell2Wales portal which can also provide notifications of opportunities (see our Current Tender Opportunities page).
For more detail on selling to us, download our guide.