Food export certificates

If you have a food business and you want to export your produce, you may need a food export certificate from the destination country.

How do I apply for a food export certificate?

Contact the embassy or consulate of the country you want to export to (you can find their details on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website (external website)). The embassy or consulate will provide the details and the required format for the certificate.

You should then contact us and provide us with this information.

We will inspect your business to verify that the food is produced in compliance with UK legislation. We may also make additional checks, depending on the required wording of the certificate.

We will not supply a certificate unless your food business has been registered.

How much does it cost?

We charge a flat rate of £170 for food export certificates.

More information

You can get more information on the Food Standards Agency Website (external website)