If you are under 18 and you look after a family member due to long term illness or disability,WCD Young Carers can help you. They can provide:
You can find out more on the WCD Young Carers website (external website).
- advice and information
- one-to-one support for you (and the person you care for, if needed)
- opportunities for you to meet other young carers
- outings and activities
- someone to speak up for you
How to get help and support
Call us on 01824 712200. If we can’t take your call straight away, leave a message and we will call you back.
You can also email us at email@example.com.
What is a young carer?
Young carers often spend their time doing things that the person they care for would usually do, such as:
- helping them get washed and dressed
- helping them with medication
- helping them get in and out of bed
- shopping, cooking and housework
- collecting benefits and paying bills
- going with them to appointments
- reading and explaining letters
- keeping them company and cheering them up
Taking on a caring role can often affect:
- your school or college work
- spending time with your friends and taking part in activities
- not having enough time for yourself
- how you feel about yourself
If you are taking on any of these roles, and you feel that you are a young carer, contact us and we will help you.