Love your community and want to give back? Why not volunteer?
We offer an enjoyable and empowering experience for enthusiastic and committed people. Depending on your role you'll either be working directly with the public or supporting those that do.
What's in it for you?
- opportunity to meet new people
- learn new and enhance current skills
- improve your CV and future job prospects
- gain a sense of pride and satisfaction from helping others in your local community
- help to sustain our community services
What do we offer?
- a variety of flexible and regular volunteering opportunities
- a welcoming environment and induction to the service and the role
- training and support in the volunteer role
What do we expect from you?
- to attend as agreed, and let us know when you can't
- to participate in the induction process and any training required for the role
- to raise any concerns relating to your volunteer role with your named contact
- to abide by the service’s policies and procedure, including health and safety and confidentiality
Current volunteering opportunities
All core work is carried out by staff, but volunteers take on a range of roles that help us add value to our communities. Here are a few of the volunteering options we currently have available:
- Befriending / Community volunteers
- Care volunteers
- Library volunteers
- Biodiversity project volunteers
Register your interest in becoming a volunteer